• Two week rotations each with the final week of the program in the area of your choice.
Technician Program Dates
The program will begin Monday, June 10th, 2019 and conclude Friday, August 2nd, 2019.
Other dates of interest include:
- April 1 – Applications accepted for the Summer Nurse Technician Program
- May 10 – Deadline for the Summer Nurse Technician Program
- May 1–22 – Nurse Tech Interviews
- June 10 – Nurse Tech Orientation
- June 12 & 13 – Hospital Orientation
To be eligible for the Nurse Tech Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- a nursing student in an ADN or BSN program
- currently enrolled in good standing in a nursing program with at least a 2.5 GPA
- successfully completed the first semester of nursing clinicals
- able to work 24-40 hours per week for the program
Complete a CCMH application on our website, please see below for address. Make your application to the Nurse Tech posting. Provide one written recommendation by a current faculty member. Provide a transcript through the previous semester. The transcript must show completion of courses up to the final year of course work and a 2.5 GPA in the last 60 hours of course work. Must also provide a current unexpired BLS card on or before date of interview.
Those participating in the Nurse Tech Program will have the following job duties:
- provide patient treatments
- assist with patient IVs
- monitor patient status
- assist with patient activities
- participate in patient nutrition
- assist with patient personal hygiene
The Summer Nurse Tech Program at Comanche County Memorial Hospital is a 8-week program designed to introduce you to the main segments of the hospital setting. This program allows students to experience the continuity of patient care, experience the realities of full-time employment and experience day-to-day staffing patterns. In addition to being introduced to these areas, you will be asked to participate on the night shift. Your introduction to the realities of nursing will allow you to gather the experience necessary for quality career placement.
An experienced RN Preceptor will provide professional guidance throughout the program, in addition to weekly and other scheduled activities. Each Summer Nurse Tech will be assigned an RN preceptor for the duration of the program. You will be able to gain insight into everyday nurse functions and experience beyond the classroom.
Contact CCMH Recruiting (580) 510-7068 with questions.