Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 vaccines are safe
- COVID-19 vaccines were developed using science that has been around for decades.
- COVID-19 vaccines are not experimental. Extensive testing and monitoring have shown that these vaccines are safe and effective.
- COVID-19 vaccines have received and continue to undergo the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history.
COVID-19 vaccines are effective
- COVID 19-vaccines are effective. They can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccines help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
- Getting vaccinated may also protect people around you, particularly people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccination is a safer way to help build protection
- Get vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19.
- COVID-19 is still a threat to people who are unvaccinated. Some people who get COVID-19 can become severely ill, which could result in hospitalization, and some people have ongoing health problems several weeks or even longer after getting infected.
None of the COVID-19 vaccines can make you sick with COVID-19
- None of the COVID-19 vaccines contain the live virus that causes COVID-19 so a COVID-19 vaccine cannot make you sick with COVID-19.