COVID Antibody Infusion Services at CCMH
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, ask your provider about Monoclonal antibodies as a treatment option. CCMH has the capability to do these treatments under the direction of your physician. These treatments are for people who are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19 and are at high risk of developing severe disease and at risk of being hospitalized. Monoclonal antibodies may block the virus that causes COVID-19 from attaching to human cells thereby making it more difficult for the virus to reproduce and cause harm.
- Mild to moderate COVID-19 disease within the first 10 days of symptoms
- NOT hospitalized, requiring oxygen therapy due to COVID-19, or requiring an increase in baseline oxygen flow rate due to COVID-19 in those on chronic oxygen therapy due to underlying nonCOVID-19 related comorbidity
- At high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/ or hospitalization
- Are >65 years of age
- Are >55 years of age AND have
- BMI >35
- Have chronic kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have immunosuppressive disease or are receiving immunosuppressive treatment
- Cardiovascular disease, OR • Hypertension, OR
- COPD/other chronic respiratory disease
- Are 12-17 years of age AND have
- BMI >85th percentile for their age
- Sickle Cell Disease, OR
- Congenital or acquired heart disease, OR
- Neurodevelopmental disorders, i.e. Cerebral Palsy, OR
- Medical-related technological dependence, i.e. tracheostomy, gastrostomy, or positive pressure ventilation (not related to COVID-19), OR
- Asthma, reactive airway or other chronic respiratory disease that requires daily medication for control
Details For Scheduling & Ordering
- Physician or Advance Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant will determine if patient meets criteria and orders will be faxed to infusion at 580.585.5472.
- Request for antibody infusion slot must be emailed to email@example.com
- Infusions will be administered Monday – Friday during regular clinic hours, scheduled in order of request.
- Please allow three hours for appointment time.
- These should be added on to the schedule 24 hours before the needed time if at all possible!
- At this time, weekend scheduled infusions are not available.
These infusions can be given as soon as possible after a positive viral test for SARS-CoV-2 or within 10 days of symptom onset. Infuse over 60 minutes and monitor patient well being for at least 1 hour.
Antibody Therapy Options
- Casirivimab 1200mg + Imdevimab 1200mg IV infusion over 60 minutes and FLUSH with 50ml NS post infusion OR
- Bamlanivimab 700mg IV infusion over 60 minutes and FLUSH with 50ml NS post infusion