Effective, June 1, the Oklahoma Health Care Authority will cut Medicaid reimbursement rates by 25%. These cuts are being made due to drastic shortfalls in the State’s budget.
- 16 hospitals terminating more than 20 employees
- 11 hospitals terminating OB and/or mental health services
- 24 hospitals having to evaluate their ability to maintain either of these services
- 93% of nursing facilities becoming insolvent and at risk of closure
- Over 16,000 seniors displaced from their homes
- Almost 20,000 nursing home employees losing their jobs, a loss of $495 million in wages
Two solutions are currently up for consideration by legislators: the Medicaid Rebalancing Act of 2020 and an increase in the cigarette tax by $1.50 per pack. We, along with healthcare organizations across the State need your help. Call or write your legislators and tell them to support this legislation that will save healthcare in Oklahoma.
To learn more about the Medicaid Rebalancing Act of 2020 and the increase in the cigarette tax, visit www.makeokbetter.org. You will also find contact information for legislators in your district. Watch the “makeOKbetter” press conference by going to their FACEBOOK PAGE.
A sample letter is provided HERE, and a list of legislators from Comanche County are available HERE. You can also go to http://okpolicy.org/resources/find-your-legislator/ and plug in your facility’s address to get the contact information for the senator and congressman in that district.
Click HERE for personal letters to your legislator!