Introducing the da Vinci® Xi™ Surgical System
Comanche County Memorial Hospital is pleased to announce the recent acquisition of the da Vinci Xi Surgical System. The da Vinci Xi System was designed with the goal of further advancing the technology used in minimally invasive surgery. The System can be used across a spectrum of minimally invasive surgical procedures and has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic, cardiac and general surgery.
By enabling efficient access throughout the abdomen or chest, the da Vinci Xi System expands upon core da Vinci System features, including wristed instruments, 3D-HD visualization, intuitive motion, and an ergonomic design. As with all da Vinci Surgical Systems, the surgeon is 100% in control of the robotic-assisted da Vinci System, which translates his/her hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body. The Xi System’s immersive 3D-HD vision system provides surgeons a highly magnified view, virtually extending their eyes and hands into the patient.
Key Features Include:
- A new overhead instrument arm architecture designed to facilitate anatomical access from virtually any position.
- A new endoscope digital architecture that creates a simpler, more compact design with improved vision definition and clarity.
- An ability to attach the endoscope to any arm, providing flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.
- Smaller, thinner arms with newly designed joints that offer a greater range of motion than ever before.
- Longer instrument shafts designed to give surgeons greater operative reach.
The da Vinci Xi System is an expandable technology platform that is designed to accommodate and seamlessly integrate a range of current technologies, as well as future innovations, in areas such as imaging, advanced instruments and anatomical access.
CCMH general surgeons have now performed the first surgeries utilizing the new da Vinci Xi® system. We are truly thrilled to be a leader in this field and look forward to continue bringing Southwest Oklahoma minimally invasive surgical options.
Magnified 3D HD Vision
Highly-magnified 3D HD Vision ensures that surgeons can see the surgical site with true depth perception and crystal-clear vision.
EndoWrist Instrumentation & Intuitive Motion
Wristed instruments bend and rotate far beyond the human hand. Tremor filtration and Intuitive® Motion technologies allow the surgeon to operate with steady, natural motion.
Whether it is the first or last case of the day, the ergonomically-adjustable surgeon console makes performing surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System feel comfortable and natural.
Revolutionary Anatomical Access
- da Vinci Xi® combines the functionality of a boom-mounted system with the flexibility of a mobile platform.
- Surgical cart can be placed at any position around the patient – allowing for four-quadrant access
Place Ports with Confidence
- Thin arms and instruments with long reach for a more flexible port placement.
- Redesigned arms offer greater range of motion.
Target Anatomy with Laser Precision
The laser targeting system takes the guesswork out of positioning the patient cart.
- Once attached, simply point the scope at the target anatomy and the Xi positions the boom
- Ensures optimal configuration for the procedure
Crystal Clear 3D HD Vision
Visualizing anatomy in highly magnified 3D HD is a hallmark of performing surgery with the da Vinci Xi®.
Optics mounted at the tip of the scope allow the surgeon to see anatomical structures with crystal clear definition and natural color.
Firefly Fluorescent Imaging
The da Vinci Xi Surgical System is designed to be fluorescence imaging capable. Firefly Fluorescence Imaging provides real-time visualization and assessment of vessels, bile ducts and tissue perfusion.
Anatomy from a Different Perspective
At less than half the weight, the scope allows for placement on any of the four arms, providing the increased flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.