8-week program as follows:
- Medical/Surgical (3 weeks)
- High Acuity/Specialty (3 weeks)
- Area of your choice (final week)
The program will begin Tuesday, June 8th, 2021, and conclude Saturday, July 31st, 2021. Other dates of interest include:
- March 15th: applications accepted for the Summer Nurse Technician Program
- May 7th: Application Deadline
- April 4th – May 14th: Nurse Tech Interviews
- June 8th: Hospital Orientation
- June 9th & 10th: Nurse Tech Orientation
- June 13th – July 31st: Clinical Rotations
To be eligible for the Nurse Tech Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- a nursing student of an ADN or BSN program
- currently enrolled in good standing in a nursing program with at least a 2.5 GPA
- successfully completed their first year of nursing clinical
- able to work 24-40 hours per week for the program
Those participating in the Nurse Tech Program will have the following job duties:
- provide patient treatments
- monitor patient status
- assist with patient activities
- participate inpatient nutrition
- assist with patient personal hygiene
- assist RN with patient IVs
The Summer Nurse Tech Program at Comanche County Memorial Hospital is an 8-week program designed to introduce you to the main segments of the hospital setting. This program allows students to experience the continuity of patient care, experience the realities of full-time employment, and experience day-to-day staffing patterns.
In addition to being introduced to these areas, you will be asked to participate on the night shift. Your introduction to the realities of nursing will allow you to gather the experience necessary for quality career placement.
An experienced RN Preceptor will provide professional guidance throughout the program, in addition to weekly and other scheduled activities. You will be able to gain insight into everyday nurse functions and experiences beyond the classroom.
Complete a CCMH application on our website, please see below for the address. Make your application to the Nurse Tech posting. Provide a transcript through the previous semester. The transcript must show completion of first-semester nursing clinicals and a 2.5 GPA in the last 60 hours of course work. Must also provide a current unexpired BLS card on or before the date of interview.