The Nurse Tech Program at Comanche County Memorial Hospital is designed to introduce you to the main segments of the hospital setting. This program allows students to experience the continuity of patient care, experience the realities of full-time employment, and experience day-to-day staffing patterns.
In addition to being introduced to these areas, you will be asked to participate on the night shift. Your introduction to the realities of nursing will allow you to gather the experience necessary for quality career placement.
An experienced RN Preceptor will provide professional guidance throughout the program, in addition to weekly and other scheduled activities.
To be eligible for the Nurse Tech Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- a nursing student of an ADN or BSN program
- currently enrolled in good standing in a nursing program with at least a 2.5 GPA
- successfully completed their first year of nursing clinicals
- able to work 24-40 hours per week for the program including days, nights & weekends
Those participating in the Nurse Tech Program will have the following job duties:
- provide patient treatments
- monitor patient status
- assist with patient activities
- participate in patient nutrition
- assist with patient personal hygiene
- assist RN with patient IVs
Winter Program: 3 Weeks
Summer Program: 8 Weeks
Complete a CCMH application on our website, please see below for the address. Make your application to the Nurse Tech posting. Provide a transcript through the previous semester. The transcript must show completion of first-semester nursing clinicals and a 2.5 GPA in the last 60 hours of course work. Must also provide a current unexpired BLS card on or before the date of interview.
Enrollment Opening Soon!